For Such A Time as This – November 4, 2020 – Dennis

 To the Good Folk of the Palmyra Church of the Brethren,
 
Joys and Concerns
If you have a joy or concern you would like us to share and pray about, please call, text, or email it to me.  If you would like it included in our Sunday Worship sharing and prayer time, please share it with me that week by Friday morning. 
 
Thank you!

  • For every thought, prayer and act of kindness since my father’s recent death, I am so deeply grateful – Dennis (and family).
Concerns
  • Prayers for Linda and Aaron Whitman as they struggle with symptoms from the coronavirus.Linda’s congestion and fever have lessened in the past day. Aaron has begun to experience congestion, achiness and fatigue.
  • Prayers for Jeanine and Marlin Houff as they struggle with symptoms from the coronavirus.Jeanine’s congestion and other symptoms have lessened over the past few days. Due to congestion, fatigue and overall weakness, Marlin has been admitted to the COVID-19 unit at Hershey Medical Center, where he is receiving excellent care, including oxygen and a strong cocktail of medications.Please limit communications with Jeanine to emails, texts, letters or cards, leaving her phone open for communication with Marlin and family, or from the hospital.
 
Thank You:
To all who call others to check in on them and to share our emails and devotions.
 
Today’s Devotion:
I have written today’s devotion.
 
Shalom,
Dennis
 
Scripture – Psalm 46:10a
Be still and know that I am God!
 
Thoughts
“Be Still and Know” was the theme of our recent District Conference.  The moderator arranged for wrist bans with these words be sent to all delegates.  In the weeks prior to the conference, I received two.  I don’t wear wrist bands often, but this one has been different.  Whether I have it on or not, it has been a reminder to me, amidst any swirling chaos, no matter what is going on, that God is present and constant.  God’s presence may or may not change the situation, but knowing that God is present changes me.  It quiets my spirit, allowing me to catch my breath and then redirect the energies consumed by fear and anxiety toward doing the good I can do.  The psalm begins:  God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble.”  The whole psalm is worth spending some time with. 
 
Prayer
God of all, hold our anxious spirits in your strong and gentle presence.  Amen.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Such A Time as This – June 30, 2021 – Bobbi Dykema

For Such A Time As This 042120 – Judd Mellinger Blouch

For Such A Time As This 051820 – Mary And Andy Cantrell