For Such A Time as This – October 20, 2020 – Ferne Steckman

To the Good Folk of the Palmyra Church of the Brethren,
 
Click here for this past Sunday’s worship service video:
https://bit.ly/34hEpM5
 
Joys and Concerns
If you have a joy or concern you would like us to share and pray about, please call, text, or email it to me.  If you would like it included in our Sunday Worship sharing and prayer time, please share it with me that week by Friday morning. 
 
Concern

  • Prayers for Jeanine Houff for a health concern.
Thank You:
To all who call others to check in on them and to share our emails and devotions.
 
Today’s Devotion:
I am thankful to Ferne Steckman for providing today’s devotion.  If you wish to respond to Ferne directly, her email address is missgreenplant@yahoo.com.  
 
Shalom,
Dennis
 
Scripture – Genesis 1:31a
God saw everything that he had made, and indeed, it was very good.
 
Thoughts
I have always loved the song “What A Wonderful World.” When my friend Peter sent me a video with the song as background I was delighted.  The photos offered peace and solace from a crazy world and there was my song in the background. I listened several times and felt I had to forward it – and so I did.  Sandi Smith wrote back as several others did. “This is just beautiful” was their comment.  Sandi asked me to write a reflection of this occasion to share with others. 
 
This song and video made me think of all the beautiful poems, stories and photos acquaintances had been sending since the Pandemic began and I felt blessed.  I thought of the invitations that came as soon as the weather warmed a bit – to sit on decks and patios and I felt loved.  I thought of all the strife in the news, and I wondered WHY?
 
Why are so many people so terribly unhappy with their life? If I have an abundance of friends and activities that give me great contentment – Why not others?  I went to my concordance under “abundance” and found these words:  Affection, Goodness, Grace, Honor, Hope, Life, Love, Mercy, Rejoicing, and I thought of my favorite – Faith.
 
1 John 4:7
Love one another…
 
1 Corinthians 13:1
And now these three remain - faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
 
1 Thessalonians 1:3
We continually remember before our God and father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope.
 
Faith, Hope and Love is what I have been experiencing and some others are lacking.  I am so sorry for those who do not find peace in allowing God to be in their lives daily.  I will pray for them.  I feel very blessed with the abundance in my life. 
 
Prayer
Thank you, Dear Lord, for your loving care and the abundance you have given us.  Amen
 
YouTube Link for: “What a Wonderful World” www.youtube.com/embed/auSo1MyWf8g?rel=0

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Such A Time as This – June 30, 2021 – Bobbi Dykema

For Such A Time As This 042120 – Judd Mellinger Blouch

For Such A Time as This – June 9, 2021 – Becky Zapata