For Such A Time as This – September 22, 2020 – Sandi Smith

 To the Good Folk of the Palmyra Church of the Brethren,

Joys and Concerns
If you have a joy or concern you would like us to share and pray about, please call, text, or email it to me.  If you would like it included in our Sunday Worship sharing and prayer time, please share it with me that week by Friday morning. 
 

  • Prayers of thanksgiving for a successful surgery yesterday for three-month old Connor Clarke, grandson of Scot and Deb Blouch, and son of Maggie and Andrew Clarke.
  • Prayers for Ben Long who is anticipating brain surgery later this week.Ben is the son of Lori and Tim Long.
  • Congratulations to Jason and Kimberly Maurer on the birth yesterday of a baby girl, Madelyn Irene.   Jeff and Diana Maurer are proud grandparents and Madelyn's great grandma is Ruth Ann Heisey.
  • Anonymous prayers are requested for someone undergoing surgery tomorrow.Just pray and God will know the details.
 
Thank You:
To all who call others to check in on them and to share our emails and devotions.
 
Today’s Devotion:
I am thankful to Sandi Smith for providing today’s devotion.  If you wish to respond to Sandi directly, her email address is tomandsandi@sandisbreads.com.  
 
Shalom,
Dennis
 
Scripture - Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
 
Thoughts
If ever I needed a verse to speak to me, this one is perfect for right now. These past months have been hard – frightening, lonely, sad – but events in recent weeks have tested me in ways I hadn’t imagined. I’ve had moments of lost hope.
 
During times like these, I find it is sometimes easy to forget to pray. I get lost in the fog of my sadness and hopelessness and forget to reach out to God. Or, I find it hard to put words together as a prayer.
 
Eventually, I come around to sitting in the quiet. I realize there is no need for words. It’s a time to just be. It’s a time to listen to the wind and the birds and the crickets. It’s a time to feel the sun on my face.
 
Only after I sit in the quiet am I able to reach out. That is when God can fill me with joy and peace in believing. That is when I find hope again.
 
Prayer
Blessed one who brings us joy and peace, help us remember to be quiet and to listen for your voice so we might once again experience hope.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Such A Time as This – June 30, 2021 – Bobbi Dykema

For Such A Time As This 051820 – Mary And Andy Cantrell

For Such A Time As This 042120 – Judd Mellinger Blouch