For Such A Time as This August 4, 2020 – Sandi Smith



To the Good Folk of the Palmyra Church of the Brethren,
 
Joys and Concerns
If you have a joy or concern you would like us to share and pray about, please call, text or email it to me.  If you would like it included in our Sunday Worship sharing and prayer time, please share it with me that week by Friday morning.
 
A Joy
  • Congratulations to Bethany & Andy Hoffer on the birth of their daughter, Esther Mae Hoffer, on August 4! Bethany is officially on maternity leave. We offer prayers of thanksgiving.
Thank You: 
To all who call others to check in on them and share our emails and devotions.
 
Today’s Devotion:
I am thankful to Sandi Smith for providing today’s devotion.  If you wish to respond to Sandi directly, her email address is tomandsandi@sandisbreads.com.  
 
Shalom,
Dennis
 
Scripture – James 1:2-4
My brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of any kind, consider it nothing but joy because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance; and let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking in nothing.
 
Thoughts
Reading this verse makes me think. It makes me humble. It reminds me that this is a time for trial for all the world.
 
Today in the bakery, I was tired. I was working with two young employees who I admire. They are hard workers and they are dedicated. They don’t complain or sigh when asked to do something. They don’t exclaim about how tired they are. I appreciate that. Today I was tired and working with them lifted me up. It energized me. I was weary, thinking of how to get tasks accomplished, but also how to deal with the larger picture of keeping a business afloat in uncertain times. I stopped and looked around. When I did, I saw these valuable people around me who were pressing on through physical stresses and uncertainty. It helped me and renewed my faith.
 
May we all be so fortunate to be surrounded by individuals who inspire us to renew our faith despite our trials. And, may we be blessed with endurance.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for the blessings you share by surrounding us with others who inspire us to have faith and endure.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Such A Time as This – June 30, 2021 – Bobbi Dykema

For Such A Time As This 042120 – Judd Mellinger Blouch

For Such A Time As This 051820 – Mary And Andy Cantrell